Go ahead and call me crazy, but there are few things that get me more excited than saving loads of money. Children take up very little space themselves but they require an enormous amount of stuff. It’s disproportionate, really. All that stuff costs a small fortune. At first, it was tempting to buy everything brand new so that my child was the first child to have ever touched this book or that blanket. I’ve lived and learned that kids don’t really need brand new stuff. Even used kids items are often like-new because kids outgrow things so quickly! I love to shop consignment now. I can find things for a fraction of the cost – sometimes with the tags still on them. Cha-ching!
- DO bring your own reusable bags or cart. You may think that wheeling a cart around is old ladyish, but you’ll be right at home wheeling it around at one of these sales! If you don’t have access to a cart, bring your own reusable bags. Bags are usually provided but the straps are likely less comfortable than the ones that you have at home. You also can’t utilize their bags to bring your haul home!
- DO NOT bring the kids. Susie and Jimmy are adorable, yes, but a consignment sale event is not the place for them. Leave them at home and save yourself the stress and hassle of keeping track of your kids amidst a sea of people!
- DO grab everything that you think you might want. You can always sort through your items later and put back what you don’t want to purchase. By grabbing those, “This might be nice,” items you’re eliminating the risk of someone else snatching them up.
- DO NOT take tags off of items. If you’re interested in a large item, either have a friend stay with the item while you look for assistance or flag down a volunteer if you’re alone. The tags need to stay on the items to ensure consignors are properly paid.
- DO come with a list. Grab your list and embark on a mission of finding the best deals on the items you need. A list will keep your spending in check. There are so many pretty things to look at!
- DO NOT wear your flip flops. These consignment sales cover an enormous amount of floor space. You will want to wear comfortable, supportive footwear while you spend hours shopping stellar deals.
If you’ve never been to a huge consignment sale, you’re in for a treat! Stop by the Just Between Friends Milwaukee sale this week at Wisconsin State Fair Park. You’ll be amazed by the sheer volume of stuff! Share your best deals and hauls with JBF Milwaukee on Facebook and Twitter.
Sunday, April 6th 10am-7pm $3.00 admission
Monday, April 7th 10am-7pm
Tuesday, April 8th 10am-7pm
Wednesday, April 9th 10am-5pm
Thursday, April 10th 10am-7pm (*50% off day)
Friday, April 11th 10am-1pm (*50% off day)
*Items with a star will remain FULL price! Consignors decide which items go half off.
State Fair may charge for parking. Note that this is State Fair and not Just Between Friends! You are welcome to park on the city streets or at the Petit Center and walk on over, or bring your family and friends and split the parking cost.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Just Between Friends of Milwaukee. This program is in partnership with Real Mom Media (www.RealMomMedia.com). All opinions are my own.