Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. This post is not a healthcare professional’s opinion. All opinions are my own. #NaturalProbiotic
Midwestern winters can be painfully long. It is now May and we’re hoping to see the temperature rise above the 50s! I find myself biding my time until spring arrives. Sunshine, driving with the windows down, running outside without the risk of hypothermia. Oh, and the arrival of allergy season. I’ve been a seasonal allergy sufferer all my life and yet I always forget about this minor reality of spring! Digestive system balance is an important part of wellness, and I’ll be using a natural probiotic to help me achieve it. I don’t want to be caught unprepared for the itchy, watery eyes, sneezing and sniffles this year. The four of us all have seasonal allergies and it can be miserable! I’ve come up with five ways to help prepare our bodies for allergy season.
1. Get enough sleep. Never underestimate the power of a good night of sleep! A proper amount of rest will help your body function optimally, supporting your immune system.
2. Take a natural probiotic to help support your immune system. The B. infantis in a probiotic supplement can promote digestive system balance. In my experience, that’s a key to overall wellness! I picked up Insync Probiotic in the pharmacy section of Walmart.
3. Eat well. If you have ever binged on greasy pizza and beer only to hate yourself hours later, you know that food plays an important role in wellness. Keep your diet clean and your body will thank you in many ways!
4. Exercise. We all know we should do it, but making time to work out is an entirely different matter. Now that the weather is getting nicer, you have fewer excuses! Get outside for a run, get up a little earlier to complete that workout DVD. Whatever works for you – do it!
5. Clean the hidden things. Allergy sufferers know that the pile of dust on the furniture will probably bother them; but did you know that allergens can lurk on your pets, windows or mattress pads? Look around your home and invest a little time in spring cleaning.
I raise my glass of detox water to my fellow allergy sufferers! Here’s to a healthier season, one that we can enjoy without teary, itchy eyes. 😉
How do you prepare yourself for allergy season?