It’s been about a month now since C switched from Pediasure to a blenderized, whole foods diet. I’ve seen tremendous changes in him. Cognitively, behaviorally and physically, he is truly thriving.
- His nails are growing faster than I can keep up with trimming.
- His hair seems to get thicker every day.
- His muscle tone has improved and he is more willing to utilize his core muscles by crawling on the floor with his sister.
- I’ve had to let out his adjustable waistband a few times.
- When I pick him up, he feels more solid than before.
- He is no longer experiencing sugar crashes shortly after every tube feed.
- He throws fewer tantrums.
- He is more willing to approach new foods, sometimes even putting them in his mouth.
- His vocabulary expands daily. His ability to put multiple sentences together is blowing me away!
I could not be happier with these improvements. I finally feel like I’m giving my boy the best nutritional advantage that I can; and honestly, it’s the first time in his life that I’m feeling that way. Before the tube, it was exasperation and stress that he was not eating. After the tube, I was uncomfortable with the amount of sugar calories he was receiving but worried about his progress on the growth charts. Now I am relaxed, pleased with the quality food that he is getting, and able to focus on his therapy and progress.