Before I found out that we were expecting C, I created my first “25 Before 25” list. It involved a lot of traveling (one of our favorite things to do!), paying off our student loan debt and other things that just aren’t as feasible now that we have an infant. I still love the idea of coming up with 25 new things that I’d like to experience and accomplish, so I decided to revise my list. I only have about eight months to complete this new list, so they’re very short-term goals! I’ll be posting updates as I accomplish them.
Have you ever created a “bucket list” or something like it?
25 Before 25
1. Read a John Grisham novel that I haven’t read before. Completed 3/5/12
2. Set aside 10 minutes each day for God.
3. Blog daily for one month. Completed 1/30/12
4. Take a picture every day for 30 days.
5. Decorate for Christmas. Completed 11/27/11
6. Watch The Godfather Trilogy with Hubster. Completed 5/21/12
7. Open an IRA. Completed 6/28/12
8. Go on one date per month with Hubster.
9. Take a baby sign language class with C. (Tried in January. Failed. Adjusting to meds for PPD was rough.)
10. Take C to the zoo. Completed 5/16/12
11. Try geocaching.
12. “Unplug” for a weekend. Completed 12/14-12/16
14. Create a monthly payment strategy to pay off our student loan debt. Completed 4/15
15. Gather my expired coupons and send to military personnel via The Krazy Coupon Lady.
16. Create a digital scrapbook of C’s first year.
17. Find a delicious homemade macaroni and cheese recipe. Completed 6/26/12
18. Cook a Thanksgiving meal and invite any friends over that don’t have plans for the holiday. (Hubster had worked a lot that month. Decided to have a quiet family holiday instead.)
19. Bake C’s first birthday cake. Completed 4/29/12
20. Complete Phase 1 of the The South Beach Diet with Hubster. (Lasted for a week, but without carbs I didn’t have enough energy to keep up with C.)
21. Go vegetarian for 1 week.
22. Work out at least 3 times per week.
23. Complete Jillian Michaels – 30 Day Shred. (Did P90X instead! Way more difficult!)
24. Complete a 5k. Completed 10/21/11
25. Complete a second 5k and get a better time than the first. (Didn’t fit in another race before my June birthday, but am planning to run one in November!)