I received a Trax Play unit and data to facilitate this post. The thoughts and opinions below are entirely my own. This post contains affiliate links.
GPS tracking devices are helpful safety solutions for children with special needs, and they are invaluable for children who elope or wander. When my son started kindergarten, it was scary to send him out into the world without a one-on-one staff member to ensure his safety. He has a wonderful team of professionals at school, but it’s impossible to watch over every child at all times! Unfortunately, my initial search for GPS trackers left me with sticker shock until I discovered Trax Play.
For as little as $4/month, Trax Play is the smallest and lightest live GPS tracker for kids (compare that with $45/month for a popular competitor!). When you have medical bills and therapy costs in the family budget, $4/month is much more affordable! This tracker runs on T-Mobile’s 2G network in the U.S. (view coverage area here). Trax Play has the features that are most important for our family.
The Trax Play app is available in the App Store and on Google Play. Once downloaded, create a tracker profile for your child and set up access for multiple phones in the household so all parents and caregivers can view locations. Here are some Trax Play features:
- Set the tracking frequency of the device (10 seconds or more)
- View your child’s tracker on a map
- Use augmented reality through your phone’s camera to find your child
- Set up geofences, like between home and school, and you will be alerted if your child’s tracker steps outside of that geofence
- Create as many geofences as needed
- Use scheduling to monitor different geofences
- Check the history to view your child’s path in the past 24 hours
- Set speed limits for the tracker and receive alerts if that limit is exceeded
- Access your Trax Family app from your phone or desktop
Trax Play is inconspicuous. Slide it into a backpack. Clip it to a pocket or a belt. If you’re crafty, you could probably even fashion a necklace or bracelet for it!
Do you know a family who would benefit from Trax Play? Share this affordable safety option with them today. Trax Play also makes a great gift for special needs families!