This post contains affiliate links.
It’s my favorite time of the year and it’s also the time of the year when I realize I’ve forgotten to purchase a few presents. Oops! Like everyone else who either forgot gifts or procrastinated until the last minute, I found myself in the toy section of Walmart. My little C, who lives and breathes all things Disney Planes, found some Planes toys on rollback. His excitement got me thinking…what fun holiday activity could we do with C’s new planes? We grabbed poster board, washi tape and red holiday rope lights. We were going to make a Planes runway!
You will need: one sheet of poster board, washi tape in your choice of color, shipping tape and one box of holiday rope lights. The runway will cost you less than $11 to make!
1. Take your holiday rope lights out of the box and stretch them out. If you don’t stretch them out first, it will be difficult to shape them!
2. Cut your poster board in half and line up the halves.
3. Tape the two pieces together to create a long runway, then flip over.
4. We cut our washi tape into little pieces. C enjoyed creating the dotted line. It wasn’t as straight as I would have made it, but that was half the fun! He was so proud.
5. Stretch your rope light along one side of the runway, slide it under the poster board and then stretch it down the opposite side of the runway.
6. Secure it with shipping tape. C was so excited that he had to start playing while I finished securing the rope lights!
Your runway is now complete and ready for some imaginative Planes play!
This is the only thing that C wants to play with now! Dusty, Avalanche and Maru have all, “Saved the day.” I can’t wait to see what adventures he thinks of next!
Does someone in your life love Disney Planes?
This shop was compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PlanesToTheRescue #CollectiveBias