This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, and contains affiliate links. All opinions are mine alone. #MyPicknSave #CollectiveBias
Are you starting to plan your goals for next year? As I finish up my list, I have one big health goal: going grain-free. Yes, that means no wheat, oat, corn or rice. Sounds crazy, right? I challenged myself to two months of grain-free living this fall and I felt fantastic. I want to make that commitment to my health and my local grocery store will help me do it!
Pick ‘n Save has a health key™ System that will help me achieve my goals this year. You can find 18 important ingredient and nutrient attributes with color-coded health key™ System tags right on the shelves by the products. I will be looking for gluten-free and organic health key™ System tags to identify products to achieve my goal. As this year comes to a close, I am happy to leave behind 26 pounds and 15 inches. Physical and mental health challenges took a toll on me the past several years, but that’s behind me now! I am on a trajectory of strength and wellness.
Grain-free life certainly isn’t for everyone. There’s a misconception, though, that giving up grains means letting go of all comfort food. That’s just not true! I’m going to share my favorite grain-free comfort food with you: Beef & Mushroom Stroganoff. It’s the perfect kind of indulgence for the winter!
You will need red potatoes, milk, beef chop suey or stew meat, onion, cream cheese, cream of mushroom soup, mushrooms and olive oil.
Cook the beef, then add the chopped onion.
Once the onion looks translucent, turn heat to low and add cream cheese and cream of mushroom soup.
Slice the potatoes, add water and bring to a boil. Boil the potatoes until they are tender. You can check by poking them with a fork.
Drain water, pour in 3/4 cup of milk and mash to desired consistency.
Drizzle olive oil over sliced mushrooms and saute for a few minutes over medium heat.
Serve stroganoff over mashed potatoes and top with mushrooms. Grain-free food can still be amazing comfort food! Tell me: what’s your favorite comfort food?
- 10 red potatoes, sliced
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 box baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb beef, chop suey or stew chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 - 8oz box cream cheese
- 1 can/box cream of mushroom soup
- Cook beef over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion.
- Once onion looks translucent, turn heat to low.
- Add cream cheese and cream of mushroom soup. Stir occasionally.
- In a pot, slice potatoes, add water and bring to a boil.
- Boil potatoes until tender. You can check by poking them with a fork.
- Drain water, pour in ¾ cup of milk and mash to desired consistency.
- In a small frying pan, drizzle olive oil over sliced mushrooms.
- Saute mushrooms for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Serve stroganoff over mashed potatoes and top with mushrooms.