This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #RecipesThatCrock #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias
Our slow cooker gets a good workout this time of year! With two kids on different school and therapy schedules, working from home during the day, and my husband working a different shift, it makes for hectic afternoons and evenings. At least once each week, I toss a bunch of ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning and forget about it until dinner time. It doesn’t get much easier than that! I created a Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Queso Soup recipe that satisfies my need for spicy food while making my dinner prep easy. It can also be made gluten-free by using one simple substitution!
At Meijer, I found RO*TEL® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes and Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, PAM Olive Oil Pump Spray, and Brooks® Mild Chili Beans and Hot Chili Beans. You will also need:
1 bulb of garlic (you will use 2 cloves for this recipe)
2-3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
1 package chicken broth
1 can diced jalapeños
1-8oz package cream cheese
1-8oz package pepper jack cheese
1-8oz package mild cheddar cheese
All of these ingredients can be found at your local Meijer. Now let’s get that Spicy Chicken Queso Soup cooking! First, spray your slow cooker with PAM Olive Oil Spray. I am using the aerosol PAM Olive Oil can in my recipe, but the new PAM Olive Oil Spray Pump is also available! It only adds 1 g of fat and 10 calories while providing a superior non-stick experience to make clean up easier.
Now chop your onion and two cloves of garlic. Cube the cheese, and add half of it now. Save the other half of the cheese for 30 minutes before serving. Add your chicken, broth, RO*TEL, Brooks Chili Beans, jalapeños, and cream cheese. Brooks Chili Beans are specially grown to have the perfect taste and texture for chili! (Note: for gluten-free soup, substitute with plain kidney beans.)
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remember to add the rest of your cubed cheese 30 minutes before you’re ready for dinner! I like to serve Spicy Chicken Queso Soup with tortilla chips and topped with a little more cheddar cheese. Really, how can you go wrong with more cheese?
- Spray of PAM Olive Oil Pump Spray
- 1 RO*TEL Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1 RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1 Brooks Hot Chili Beans OR Brooks Mild Chili Beans
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 container chicken broth
- 1 can diced jalapenos
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese
- 1 8-oz package pepper jack cheese, cubed, separated
- 1 8-oz package mild cheddar cheese, cubed, separated
- Spray slow cooker with PAM Olive Oil Pump Spray.
- Add RO*TEL, Brooks Chili Beans, onion, garlic, chicken breasts, chicken broth, jalapenos, cream cheese, half of the cubed pepper jack cheese, and half of the cubed mild cheddar cheese.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Add remaining cubed cheese 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, extra cheese, sour cream, or guacamole.
- (NOTE: to make this recipe gluten-free, substitute the chili beans with plain kidney beans.)